Thursday, August 5, 2010

So You Think You Can Dance: The Top 3 Revealed by Kara Howland

I have to admit something to you. I live in Los Angeles. Wait! I haven’t admitted to anything yet. I have a friend with “connections” and he sends me a link so I can watch the east coast feed of almost any show I want. I know who the final three are. And I’m going to tell you right now: Kent (no shock), Lauren (I was gonna be pissed if she didn’t make it), and Robert (yay!). You can stop reading right here if you’d like or you can read more. Totally up to you.

I am so happy to report that Cat has made a full recovery from the kinda disaster that was yesterday. The whole look was just sloppy. But today she’s ethereal in white and her hair and makeup are soft and lovely. Let’s group dance.

Drumming Song / Florence + The Machine
Choreographed by Dee Caspary
There’s a lot of great stuff going on. All those aerial acrobatics are pretty impressive. Great technique. But my opinion remains the same as the last time I said it: I want only the dancers still competing in the competition to perform the group dance. And that’s not saying it’s great and fun to watch, exciting even. I just don’t get why they’d want to showcase the all-stars beyond what they already do. That’s just my opinion.

National Dance Day. Great idea but I didn’t do any dancing that day. If you were so moved, I hope you danced.

Random side note: I cannot wait to see Step Up 3D. I’ve seen the first two movies. I’m sure the first will always be the “gold” standard but I’m not going to see plot. I’m going to see some amazing dancing. If I make it this weekend you will certainly hear about it.

Special Guest #1
Janelle Monae singing Tightrope. I don’t see any dancers so I’m fast- forwarding. Oh, they faked me out. I’m watching again. Those hip hop dancers backing her up are pretty incredible. Janelle isn’t too bad herself when she dances. The solos are quirky and interesting. Um, I kinda like her crazy hair.

Lauren
Wasted Time / Me’Shell NDegeocello
Brilliant song choice. This song is amazing. That was ugly and beautiful at the same time. Perhaps a bit too raw and a bit uncontrolled? Still mesmerizing.

Some of the SYTYCD dancers took a trip to the Gatorade Performance Lab. They went underwent a series of test previously only tested on elite athletes. The GPL is going to teach the dancers more about their bodies and how they can fuel up for a performance. Dancers are athletes. Tell me something I don’t know. But what is cool is this year’s winner will be featured on the Gatorade website and they’ll be featured in a Gatorade G series print campaign. Ok, that’s kinda cool.

Kent
Dynamite / Taio Cruz
I think his nerves are getting to him. He’s kind of flailing all over the stage. That was a bit desperate. He really didn’t need to do all that. Wow. And not in a good way.

I didn’t hear what Kent said. If you heard it please share below.

And now for the results. Who is the first dancer in the finale? The top 2 are separated by just 2% of the vote (which I’m sure is thousands of votes considering there were 10 million votes).

It’s Lauren. Adam says this whole thing has stressed him out. He prayed last night that Lauren would make it into the finale because she deserves to be on the stage. She’s turned into a completely different dancer from the auditions.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Stop telling us about the tour. Jesus. If we want to go we’ll buy tickets already. Fast-forwarding now…

Adechike
Sir / Various Artists
It doesn’t hurt when he performs without his shirt on. This is strange music but perfect for his piece. It’s very hard-hitting. Wow. And that’s in a good way.

Robert
Mr. Muscle / Rusko
He can be surprisingly quirky. Great use of his body and movement across the stage. I did find it strange though. Very strange.

Time for some more results. Who is the next dancer to make it into the finale? Kent. Nigel doesn’t think Kent was a sure or safe bet. Come on, Nigel has to say that. I don’t believe it. He thinks Kent may have finally learned how to control his face (sort of). He felt there was nothing cheesy or gawky about his Travis Wall piece from last night. He’s grown emotionally.

Special Guest #2
Desmond Richardson, co-director of Complexions Contemporary Ballet
Sympathy For the Devil / The Rolling Stones
He’s a beautiful dancer but what’s going on with his outfit, or more specifically his pants? I’d rather see hot pants or regular jeans. Amazing technique. What an abrupt ending. It was really great even though I don't think I completely understood it. I think I wanted more flow.

The top 4 finally got some time off and went to the premiere for Step Up 3D. Lauren calls it her new favorite dance movie.

Special Guest #3
Flo Rida performing Club Can’t Handle Me from the Step UP 3D soundtrack. I’m not sure there’s enough promotions fort his movie in tonight’s show. I mean, I already want to see it. You’re kinda clubbing me of the head with it. I see Lauren in the background but where’s Comfort? This is her style and I want to see her dance it. Um, that necklace is ridiculous. I’m surprised he can stand upright with it around his neck. There’s Dom. Yay! Twitch is up there too. Did I see Courtney too? Nice.

And who is the final dancer in the finale? It’s Robert. I think he deserves it. He plateaued earlier in the season but he’s fought back.

I’m sad to see Adechike leave the competition but it was his time. I’ll miss his smile but I know he’ll get work in the dance world. It was a great ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment