Sunday, August 22, 2010

Random Thoughts on Mad Men: The Chrysanthemum and the Sword by Kara Howland

Don Draper is a genius. He certainly knows how to think outside the box, which helps the firm land Honda despite Roger’s racist comments. I like how Pete is really stepping up and making his opinions heard. And it’s different then the way he’s presented his ideas in the past. Before I felt like he was whiny and needy. Now I feel like he’s actually earned his right to say something to someone like Roger. Good job.

Betty and Don are at their most interesting when they fight. I love their interactions but I do hope they can put their personal acrimony aside to help their daughter because Sally is crying out for attention. She’s clearly still affected by the death of her grandfather and the absence of her father. I hope talking to Dr. Edna helps her.

Miss Blankenship is still amazing with that comic timing. I hope Don suffers through her for at least one more episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment