Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Snap Judgment_Scoundrels: And Jill Came Tumbling After by Kara Howland

I must admit I was pretty excited to hear Virginia Madsen would be on TV this summer. She’s been on my radar since Candyman, which scared the bejesus out of me when I was younger. I’ve been waiting and hoping she’d show up in primetime in something worthy of her talents. I’m not sure I can fully express my disappointment in this show – well, my disappointment in the first ten minutes of this show. That’s how long I made it. Virginia Madsen’s Cheryl is the only character who even made a lasting impression on me in those ten minutes. I’ve never seen David James Elliot in anything (no, I did not watch JAG), although I think he’s decent eye candy. The only one of the children who I felt anything for was Vanessa Marano’s Hope; she seemed plucky. And I thought Carlos Bernard’s cop could be an interesting foil for this family of thieves. But since I couldn’t make it through the entire show, I certainly won’t be watching the series. What is your snap judgment? Did you make it through the whole hour?

No comments:

Post a Comment