Monday, July 19, 2010

True Blood: Trouble by Kara Howland

So, I may have left my notes at home. Usually I'm much more organized in the morning but I was rushing around like a crazy person today. I'm going to do a microblog and come back this evening with more details.

I need to start with Jason because I was most perplexed with where he's headed. He started his first day as a deputy liason stuck behind a desk. That was pretty funny. What was more funny was when Andy's special assignment involved Jason's washing his car. When Jason sees the girl who made a brief appearance during the meth raid a few days ago (is it days? My sense of time for this show is completey off) he jumps in the car and pulls her over. And of course he's shirtless. He's definitley got the copy swagger down but Crystal won't give him her ID or registration. She reluctantly gives him her name and when Jason tells her he'll wait for her at Merlotte's that night she tells him she won't be there. So imagine his surprise when he leaves Merlotte's to find her outside. Then all of a sudden their by some water (a stream? a river) and he's using words like forever. I'm confused. I'm happy to see Jason take this relationship seriously but he knows nothing about her. And she tells him there are things about her she can't tell him. I can't imagine this will end well.

Speaking of which, Tara is royally screwed. Franklin wants to make her his vampire bride. Not only that, he's so crazy about her that he's willing to kill anyone will gets in his way. The crazy scares me but I like the way James Frain portrays this character. He makes him so unstable and interesting. I mean, I'm really concerned for Tara but I hope and pray that someone saves her. She needs a break.

Sookie and Alcide catch a break when they discover that Russell is the vampire king of Mississippi. Sookie still isn't ready to go home without seeing Bill so she wants to search him out. First Alcide needs to report in to his packmaster. When Col. Flood tells Alcide to do nothing and say nothing, Sookie knows he's scared. They won't get any help from them. And to make matters worse Debbie, Alcide ex wants to rip Sookie from limb to limb. She still consider Alcide hers and she isn't taking kindly to Sookie encroaching on her territory. But Sookie's not worried about that right now. She wants to find Bill but doesn't have to look far when he shows up at Alcide's place. He tells her she has to leave town just before Russell shows up. When Cooter tries to take her she uses her light thing (the same thing she used on Maryanne) to get him away from her. It's so powerfull, it sends Cooter flying acros the room. Russell is delighted.

In other relationship news, Jesus has come to see Lafayette to ask him out. Hoyt brings a date to Merlotte's while Jessica is working, and Joe Lee shows his violent side to Sam.

Is it just me or does the pace of the show seem to be slowing down a bit? I'm not complaining. In the first few weeks back it seemed to be throwing so many new plotlines at us, I could hardly keep up. Now it seems to be slowly down and exploring things a bit more leisurely. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment