Monday, July 19, 2010

Drop Dead Diva: Begin Again by Kara Howland

This is very much a case of the dog ate my homework. My notes are at home (and I'm at work) so I'll do a microblog and them come back and flesh it out. Sorry. My mind was not functioning properly this morning...

After Grayson asks Jane to second chair his case she thinks she's finally on the road to getting her soulmate back. But when Grayson shows interest in Vanessa, the attorney they're working the case with, her dreams are dashed. Random question: Since when is the necktie thing Grayson's "tell." Why didn't we see that before he started dating Kim? It was more than obvious by the way Grayson and Vanessa were looking at each other that there was an attraction.

Kim is repping a client who owns a b&b in Santa Barbara that Parker used to take all his conquests too. It's nice to see Kim challenge him into making their relationship something else. She doesn't want to be just another number to him. Oh, and of course she wins her case with Terri's help. Their interaction was great. I like when Terri is more involved in the plot.

Also, Fred's plan to make Stacy jealous completely backfired. I'm just glad Kylie's ex made an appearance and saved Fred from admitting that he was using her. I mean, I don't want to exist in a world where sweet, naive Fred is using people.

Stacy was awesome, as always. I liked that she kind of helped Jane with her case. And it's good that Fred is aware that Stacy isn't waiting around for him. She's currently got a friend with benefits and Fred wasn't happy to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment