Wednesday, May 26, 2010

NCIS Finale: Rule Fifty-One

l

Photo credit: Jordin Althaus/CBS


Sometimes it's like the writers of NCIS make it seem like the characters are speaking in code where I have no idea what is being said but I know that it's significant. And I know one day it will all be clear but for today I've got nothing. I thought the Lost series finale was confusing enough, now my brain is pounding over NCIS right about now. I enjoyed it and there are some truly great moments. And the cliffhanger, while not up to par with Seasons 2, 3, 5 or even 6, is pretty good although admittedly it's not one that'll have me agonizing all summer long. Don't get me wrong, I hope nothing happens to Jackson because, seriously, I think Gibbs has had enough tragedy in his life. I don't want him to go through more anytime soon. Twenty years later and he's still dealing with losing Shannon and Kelly.


I'm glad the show didn't go the route of putting Gibbs in the Mexican jail like I originally thought the story was headed. However, I did like the idea of Gibbs making a tough decision to protect his loved ones. I guess that's what happened as Gibbs agreed to go along with the brother-sister Team of Doom known as Paloma and Alejandro. Of course Alejandro is revealed to be a double-crosser. Since we met him he's been playing the sweet, understanding government official. I didn't guess he was Paloma's brother but he did seem to be too nice.


Bell's former employee Lt. Dean didn't turn out to be that much of a factor. But in the end he did turn out to be utterly expendable as the Reynosa Cartel (led by Paloma) seemingly put the screws on Gibbs. Paloma quickly threatens the lives of everyone Gibbs has ever met. She makes sure to mention Franks and his former mother-in-law (MIL); his co-workers and his father.


FAVORITE SCENES


Gibbs & Vance in the Director's Office

Gibbs and Vance make a great team. You can tell Mark Harmon and Rocky Carroll have known each other for a long time. After all, they did star in CBS' Chicago Hope back in the day. The contentious chemistry the two shared when Vance first stepped foot on NCIS soil has given way to a nice little relationship. Dare I say, they seem to trust each other or at least have the beginnings of trust. It's revealed Gibbs and Vance are working together. I'm just not sure when this partnership started. Did Vance know Gibbs was running off to Mexico? How much has Vance been aware of and how long? After all, it did seem like the director looked the other way during the business with Gibbs' MIL. There are two scenes that are quite wonderful that showcases exactly the type of sparkling chemistry Harmon and Carroll have fostered over the last couple seasons. I feel like in Vance's office the two are already working together but they're pretending to be at odds. It definitely has the feeling of being staged with an underlying purpose only the two know about.


Gibbs & Vance in the park

Vance "accidentally" happens upon the bench where Gibbs and Alejandro are talking about the mysterious package they snuck into the US. The whole conversation has been recorded. In the first scene in the office and then again in the park, Vance refers to the classic film Casablancas. He compares Gibbs to Rick while he's sick of being Louis. I think this means he's tired of being in the dark and he's ready for a "beautiful friendship" with Gibbs complete with them being on the same page. And then in the park he tells this elaborate analogy about a behind-the-scenes tale of Humphrey Bogart during the filming of Casablancas. He lets Gibbs know: "If something has to happen with Alejandro, you don't have to say a word. " Essentially all he has to do is nod. Vance talks about a kid sent to get Bogie to the set for one more shot. Is he talking about Dinozzo there? Is he saying all Gibbs has to do is nod and they'll take care of Alejandro? Did Gibbs nod? I didn't quite get what was being said here. But I did love Vance humming "La Marseillaise" and in general I'm just enjoying the Director and the supervisory special agent being in cahoots.


Tony, Ziva & Gibbs on the plane back to DC

Much has been made of the out-of-control antics of one Very Special Agent Tony Dinozzo this season. And he has been over-the-top at times. But sometimes we realize just how serious Tony is about his job, about his team and how much he hates being in the dark. You can tell at the beginning of the episode Gibbs running off to Mexico without telling them anything bothers him. But it's the scene where Tony and Ziva fly off to Mexico only to have Gibbs basically waiting for them when they land that I really loved. We've already had Abby confront Gibbs recently, now we get Tony questioning Gibbs once the functional mute wakes up. Tony gets angry when he's kept in the dark. It happened in "Cloak" and he's definitely frustrated with Gibbs when his boss isn't being too forthcoming with answers. I love the fact that even though Tony has a major case of hero worship when it comes to Gibbs, he also doesn't completely roll over for him as well.


Tony, Ziva & Abby in the elevator

Some of my favorite parts of this series is when "the kids" (namely Tony, Ziva, Abby & McGee) are all bantering back-and-forth in either the squadroom or Abby's lab. So the scene with Tony, Ziva and Abby in the elevator where the Goth is telling the agents Gibbs invoked Rule 40 is awesome. We find out the 40s are for emergency rules only. Love that Abby and Tony know these rules inside and out. It makes sense since they've worked with Gibbs the longest (other than Ducky). It's also great when the kids start going into investigative team mode to help Gibbs.


Ducky & Jimmy in autopsy

Ducky is clearly agitated and worried about his friend Gibbs to the point his brain has completely blanked. Jimmy tries to help him out setting up the entire golf rant Ducky unloads. It's a simple scene, but the chemistry between David McCallum and Brian Dietzen is so cool.


The shootout

I'm all about action and I wish this show had more of it. So the shootout to me is great (although too brief) and McGee, Ziva and Tony get their share of offing the bad guys. Tony providing the kill shot to Lt. Dean is an awesome thing.


Ziva becomes citizen

I actually like the dynamic Tony and Ziva have going on all episode long. They're playful without being really mean. You can tell Tony's just kidding when he's saying he's disappointed in his country for letting Ziva become a citizen. He promises he'll be by her side at the ceremony but because he's sent on a mission he's not. Ziva looks over and laments the fact both Tony and Gibbs aren't there.


RULE 51


Well, we did find out some more of Gibbs rules: #44 is hide the women and children; Rule #45 is something about cleaning up your own mess. The title of this episode is "Rule Fifty-One" so I know it had everyone speculating. I was hoping it would be something like 'don't keep your team in the dark' but the new rule turns out to be: "Sometimes you're wrong." What is Gibbs wrong about? Was he wrong to kill Hernandez? Nah, I don't think Gibbs regrets doing that at all. Was he wrong to keep his team in the dark? Yes. Was he wrong about Vance? Possibly. Vance is still a mystery but I feel he's on Gibbs' side. However, time will tell. I'm not sure what he's wrong about. Do you guys have any speculation? And what did you think of this new rule? So did he really just realize that sometimes he is wrong? Because that's kind of crazy.


RANDOM THOUGHTS


M. Allison Hart

I'm wondering why Ms. Hart is even in this episode. She doesn't really play an integral part other than the fact she had her hands on Abby's report on Hernandez. And she turns it over to Gibbs. So she's showing her loyalty to Gibbs and admitting she backed the wrong man? I do like the fact she basically tells Gibbs all this brouhaha over what he did in the past; if everything had gone through the proper channels, she could have had him cleared. I have a feeling we may be seeing Ms. Hart next season. They certainly leave it open. However, I did enjoy being reminded that Gibbs has a rule of never involving lawyers.


Mike Franks

Poor Mike gets his finger cut off. The crafty veteran escapes the shootout but we don't see him until the very end when he gets the jump on Dinozzo. Tony's mission is to observe Alejandro and report, but I think it's to do much more. I think he's there to take care of Alejandro if you know what I mean. But Franks takes it out of Tony's hands. And I know this is a dirty deed, but I wanted to see how far Tony would go for his country, for his boss. I didn’t want to see Franks take over even though he has plenty of reason to get revenge. Why send Tony down in the first place?


Colonel Bell

When Robert Patrick first appeared as Colonel Bell, I really thought we'd see him again. It's weird that that didn't happen. That he just ended up dead on a beach in Mexico. It's Robert Patrick! He's big guest star get.


Paloma Reynosa

I knew I had seen Jacqueline Obradors (Paloma) before. She was on NYPD Blue towards the end of the series. I think her detective character was even involved with Mark-Paul Gosselaar's character for a little bit.


McGee and Vance

Vance has always preferred agents like McGee over agents like Dinozzo. He once again turned to McGee to help him out. For some reason I feel like he's going to continue turning to McGee next season. However, I did appreciate him telling Gibbs, Ziva and Tim that Dinozzo had point on the shootout. And he did send Dinozzo to get Alejandro which is interesting. But I guess Vance knows to use Tony for his muscle and Tim for his brains. He shouldn't underestimate Tim or Tony, they are both very well-rounded agents. Love how Tony and Ziva both had to perform tasks usually tailor made for McGee.


FINAL THOUGHTS

I liked "Rule Fifty-One." It was at times intense and dramatic and even fun and as he's done so often at the end of this season, Mark Harmon shined. However, I feel like this storyline is going to continue even past the season 8 premiere. I could be wrong about that, but I feel like this story has legs and I'm not sure what to think about that. We've been dealing with this for much of the second half of the season, I'm not really interested in it lasting for much further past the beginning of Season 8. What did you guys think?

28 comments:

  1. Great review! The Gibbs and Vance relationship and the way it has unfolded in the last year and a half has been a treat. Mark and Rocky work so well together.

    I felt that Vance knew from the wink he gave DiNozzo, maybe even before then. Vance is a supremely intelligent man who understands Gibbs. I'm sure he was updated on every aspect of Hernandez as soon as the body hit Ducky's table.

    M. Allison will show up next season, mark my words. Probably as a Gibbs girlfriend or future ex wife.

    I really miss not seeing more of Robert Patrick. I've been a fan for a long time and an actor of his caliber was a huge treat in Outlaws & In Laws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words! Love reading your thoughts as well. And you're right. Vance knew everything from the get go. and I totally forgot to mention the wink. Loved the wink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved your review! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. While this finale didn't pack the punch that I feared it would. It was good in its own understated way.

    I felt like the audience got to know Vance a little better and for that I am glad. I am not sure why M. Allison Hart was there, but I am afraid she will be back.

    I loved the return of Competant Tony in this episode. I am looking forward to watching the fallout between Gibbs and Tony over this situation.

    Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recap! I ended up watching the ep twice last night, and it definitely improved on the second viewing.

    I thought that Rule #51 applied to the rule he had on the other side of the slip of paper, #13--Never involve a lawyer (which he had just circled). I hope this doesn't mean we'll be seeing more of Ms. Hart, Esq., because she annoys the heck out of me and I just want her off my tv screen.

    As to your point about McGee and Vance, I thought they did a good job this year of showing us that both Gibbs and Vance are grooming McGee for the administrative track at NCIS. Seems that every time we saw Gibbs in MTAC this season, McGee was by his side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that Rule 51 applied to Gibbs thinking he'd be a good cop. This season I've been increasingly disappointed by his willingness to play outside the rules, especially letting someone else take the fall for the murder his MIL committed! One crime of passion during intense grief, before he became a cop, okay. Letting slide, and even facilitating, justice outside the system? Not so cool, especially when he self-righteously chastises people like the judge he brought down for doing the same thing he does.

    It's just unfortunate that it was M. Allison Hart (of all people!) who made him face up to his behavior--it's the kind of truth that should come from Abby, or Tony, or Ducky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like this ep. I'm proud of Ziva , she succeed and she is now an American , last week on tv they aired the ep. was she became the new member of the team , an,d I realized how much I miss her . She's always there but I'd like a storyline about her because I like tough girls like her , and I miss some Tiva stuffs hi hi . More Toiny & Ziva , and the story they were in Paris , you know and each of them says they slept on the couch ? Did they mean that they slept ... in the same bed ? I hope in season 8 we'll have more Ziva & Tony .

    I appreciate Vance more than before and I think like you that Gibbs & him works trust each other more than before . I don't agree with what Gobbs did twenty years ago , even if I can understand this , on the other hand , the guy was a bastard and he killed a woman and her kid .

    Alejendro , Abby will be so disappointed , she liked him ! On the other hand I am not surprised . I always liked Gibbs's rules and the scene with the kids in the elevator was pretty cool .

    Cool season finale . Thanx you Tina for this recap ; do we know if Michael , Sean and Pauley comes back in the season 8 ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apsalar so glad you found the blog! Haven't found out about the contracts yet. There was a rumor that all has been negotiated but I haven't found any credible sources for that yet. Once there are I'll report here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Without Michael , Pauley and Sean the show wouldn't be the same , I understand that they want more money ,they have the same pay than when they started in the show ... Wow I can't believe I'm watching this show for 7 years now and on September I'm starting my 8 th year !

    I tried to watch NCIS Los Angeles , one episode , two weeks ago but ... I dunno , I was not excited nor entertained . I watched the episode when Ziva arrived , her first day , Timothy was plump (he's too thin , now) and that made me remember how much I like Ziva , I so want more Michael & Ziva romance !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apsalar, I totally agree. The show wouldn't be the same without Michael, Pauley and Sean. Hope this contract stuff is resolved soon. I'm actually kind of surprised it hasn't been resolved already.

    Although I just watched Ziva's first episode when she joined the team and it reminded me of how annoyed I can get with her sometimes. It wasn't until later I started liking her...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It took me some time to like Ziva , too . It was hard for her like for Cote to replace Kate . But after a while it's been okay and I appreciate her more , now , totally . She's part of the team .

    Grrrr tvguide is having problems again ! No posts appear , ah I saw that you twitted that Jensen will direct the 4 th episode of Supernatural . Cool ! I'm happy for him . Jim Beaver (sorry for him , in France lately the weather is crappy) told that the season 6 sounds exciting , but I keep my reserves , we'll see ... And Supernatural will appear for the Comic Con in the end of July , will go there ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was wondering if you saw the scoop about Jensen directing the fourth episode! So glad you did! Can't wait for that. And Jim's tweet was very intriguing too. I'm excited for Season 6, I can't help it. I know you have your issues and they are mine too, but this sense of the unknown is very exciting. Because anything can happen in Season 6. I'll definitely be going to Comic-Con. So hopefully I'll be able to find out about the new season then.

    Hope all is well in your world Apsalar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tina ! I am still alive ! Hope everything's fine for you ! I just read that Sean signed for the season 6 , ouf , everyone is coming back ! I was worried for my little Timmy but he'll be there *grin* I'm impatient to see new episodes of NCIS and I'd like more Tiva ;)

    Araafael sent me a thing Jared told during the last convention , I ... I didn't react about it on the blog because some people wouldn't be happy but ... It was , in his mouth ... Did he realize that Dean's storyline was stolen from him and given to Sammy ? I am sorry to say that I find this so ridiculous the Sammy who went to hell and came back , I hope we will not have : oh Sammy have been hurt , he changed , he's going to change , Dean did drink what will be his reactions ? And blah blah blah , I tell you this , here , Tina , I lost all my interest to Sammy Winchester . I absolutely do not mind what he will think and will do in season 6 , Éric , Sera & have totally ruined the character for me ... I am still excited for the season 6 , and that Dean will have Lisa & Ben in his life , I just hope we will not have too much whinings from Sammy and that he will not try to break up Dean's 'new' family ...

    I hope you're fine Tina , I miss discussions on the blog , but it feels like that I've already said everything I have to say ... What can I say more ? I am disappointed and still angry with the season finale . They have a lot to prove with the season 6 and hope with all my heart they won't screw Dean once again ...

    Bye bye Tina !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nah season 8 ? I'm all rusty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Apsalar - I was just thinking about you. So glad to hear from you! I'm not sure I totally understand what Jared said at the convention. So Sammy's going to have gone through the same things as Dean did when he went through hell? I'm going to have to reserve judgment. I definitely can't wait to see what's going on with Dean. I love that he's with Lisa and Ben. I wonder for how long he will be with them? I'm curious...

    Keep in touch, even if it's here on this blog. I'll check back periodically...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Tina ! Wow , I know I'm silence on the tvguide's blogue but ... First , I was gone for two weeks in vacations (if you have an opportunity to go to Corsica -we say in french 'Corse'- go it is GORGEOUS , the ocean is so blue you see your all body when you're in it , the water is transparent , the beaches splendid , a lot of moutains and small villages etc , I know LA is surely beautiful but I was really surprised how Corsisa is beautiful ;)) . Really , I do not understand Éric , Sera & Co and what they are doing . Why put Sammy in Hell ? Make him come back like this ? I fear , so much , that the season 6 will be the season they shouldn't have made ... I mean , a cousin ? Azazel ? I thought of Race hi hi . I dunno , I am excisted and I am afraid for this season . We went to see churches in Corsisa , a greek one in a small village and they had a Saint Michel Térassant le Dragon , you know and immediately I thought of Dean and how it should have been Dean/Jensen and surely not Adam/Jake that should have portrayed Michael , the Fearless Leader . I think we can say , that I (and some others) feel stolen because we felt Michael 'belonged' to Dean/Jensen and not Adam/Jake ...

    We'll see but even if I am in the middle of July , I'm not excited to see Sammy again . And I thought of their relationship ... I have to go because today Normandie baby ! But I'll be back .

    Hope you're doing well and I miss our discussions with everyone on your blog ...

    Ah I have to say this : Dean I love you !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just got your message Apsalar. Have you read the spoilers that came out Comic Con? I'm curious to know your thoughts.

    And I really need to get myself to Corsica.

    And hopefully, once the new season starts we'll begin our discussions once again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes , just read some spoilers from the Comic Con , well ... This one 'Jared Padalecki calls Sam "Messed Up" in Season six' pfff already seen this with Dean in season 5 , do they remember it ? I so do not want to see Sammy all broken , and the hero because yes , he let Dean lives his new life and yadda yadda yadda ... I'm sorry to say , Tina , that I can't see Sammy anymore , he's getting so , so much , on my nerves ! And how Éric & Sera treated Dean still makes me angry and disappointed and sad . And when I read the spoilers ... I kinda like the idea of Dean leaving the shotgun and Baby in the garage , they are under his care , not far , and he has a job in a construction thing , Lisa & Ben . Sammy ? Bobby ? I'm sorry to say that I don't mind about their fate , I'm kind of curious to see what Cas will do , and impatient to see Cas coming back to see Dean , speak to him . I'm impatient to see those reunited together again , sex-eyes-contact but I'm not impatient to see Sammy , Bobby & Crowley again .

    It's sad , I used to be impatient to see everyone again , but not anymore . Éric and only God knows who have destroyed everything for me

    I watched some old episodes of NCIS last week , Ziva teasing Tony and Tony all excited , they cute ! I want more Tiva , I hope we will see Tony & Ziva flirting more . I know not everyone agree but I'd love to see those two flirting more , kissing hi hi . Before they were an episode of the other NCIS , ah I don't like it , definitely . Even the old episodes I watched x times , I'm still happy to see them . I'm impatient to see everyone in new adventures .

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like what they're doing with Dean. I like that they gave him a life and a job and a truck. What I'm cautious about is if he leaves his family for hunting. Even for an extended period of time that's unacceptable to me. I hope they figure out a way to deal with that well.

    And the role reversal I'm cautious about too. I don't want Sam to act bossy and like he knows all the answers. I don't want him to be Season 1 Dean. Dean is Dean. And I'm upset that he thinks it was okay to not tell Dean he was alive. That's completely disrespectful.

    I don't know where I stand on Tiva. I used to want it, but Ziva's made me a little angry and I don't think she deserves Tony right now. And yes, I know Tony's not perfect either. So right now, I don't mind if they would happen down the line when the series is over but for now I like them as friends.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tiva , okay I really like when they're flirting , the episode was funny and Tony was almost (just almost hi hi) shirtless and Ziva was looking at him , and him at her ... I think they have again some things to learn about each other , and there's this story of Paris , remember when Ziva told that she slept on the couch and Tony in the bed and Tony that he slept
    on the couch and Ziva in the bed ? They never said the samt thing , Timmy noticed this ... I wonder ... I dunno what it'd be like if they were lovers but at least I'd love more flirting , and a storyline because Tony , an of course when it concerns him , Ziva is interested , I liked the season with Jeanne . Why are you angry at Ziva ?

    Will you write here , a recap about every episode of the next season of NCIS ? It'd be cool , tonight again three old episodes , I'll watch them , I'll laugh and will be entertained . I miss my Jethro's gang !

    I'm sorry for my angry post on tvguide (and the faults in it ;)) I'm so disappointed , you know . It's hard for me , Arafael share my opinions , but not Daff so it's getting hard now to speak about the show with her . I know some will not be happy , even you , with my point of view but that's what I think . Did Éric during the Con referred to the fans like me and Arafael who hated the season finale ? How he treated Dean ? And what Jared said , pfff , no one gives me hope . I hope that they will not get rid of Lisa & Ben too easily , I'm happy for Dean to have a family .

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like Ziva but she did make me angry with the whole Michael Rivkin thing. Granted, this was her boyfriend but I don't think she loved him. I don't like how she turned against Tony and basically thought he could kill Michael over jealousy. I don't like the way she felt like she was the victim in the whole thing when she was keeping secrets from Gibbs and Tony and NCIS. She didn't fess up about knowing Michael more than just as a fellow Mossad agent. When Gibbs told her about the explosion that blasted her apartment she told him to ask Tony about it. When she was in Israel, she totally manhandled Tony when he was injured. And then she gave Gibbs an ultimatum thinking he was actually going to pick her over Tony and she basically said she couldn't trust working with Tony again. And then in the Season 7 premiere, the first time she saw him when she was revealed to be the captive she said something to Tony like, 'of all the people to save me it had to be you?' Unacceptable. And then she asked how McGee was and never asked how Tony was. And even though she somewhat apologized/admitted to Tony that he always did have her back (the bathroom scene) she told him she couldn't trust him because she had already trusted Ari and Michael. Tony's nothing like those guys. And don't get me started on how entitled she acted when she was made probationary agent. I get that would be hard to handle after basically treated as a bonafide agent. But I think she could have handled it better.

    I'm better with Ziva these days. But I'm interested in how her Dad is going to play into things. I don't mind Tiva, I just don't want it to happen anytime soon. I like their flirtation. I like them being friends. But I don't think they should be together right now.

    And I'm a Tony fan. But I do see how obnoxious he is. And I hated some of his xenophobic speeches from last season. But Tony's my favorite. I feel like Dean and Tony are sort of cut from the same cloth. So I love them both. I like McGee and feel bad that Tony sometimes doesn't give him peace. But I like when Tony and Tim are friends. I'm a big Tony and Abby fan (as friends nothing more).

    Yes, I'm going to try and blog NCIS for my own blog this fall. I'll continue to blog Supernatural on TVGuide.com...Although I'll probably blog NCIS on a different site, not here. This is just for summer shows.

    As for Sam, I'm just going to have to wait and see. I'm not crazy about this Sam being Season 1 Dean business, but if it's a true role reversal, then I feel Dean's going to be dealing with some stuff that'll give Jensen a lot to play. But I'm not going to buy that because he's been out of the game for a year that Sam's' all of a sudden the better hunter. I'm just not. And Dean, I'm taking the wait-and-see approach on the fallout from having to leave his family to go on the road. I know that in real life, husbands (and wives) have to travel a lot or be at the office a lot and that takes time away from the family. But leaving to do what Dean's going to be doing I hope it's done in a way that I'm going to be able to buy. All right. I should stop talking. lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh merci Tina , that's cool to talk about NCIS , no one I know -in the Real Life and the Net Life- watch the show . Ziva ... Like you I think Ziva didn't love Ari and she was harsh towards Tony . It's kind of hard to imagine , a Ziva in love , see what I mean ? I think Tony likes how she talks to him but , but I think that Ziva could learn that she could be nice towards Tony and that it wouldnt cost her nothing , that to be nice isn't that hard and that it gives a lot of satisfaction . To be like we say in french 'chien et chat' (dog and cat) is usually a funny combination but ... Uh , We know , through his relationship with Jeanne that Tony is a tender and nice boyfriend , perphas Ziva is , but it's harder to imagine this , for me . I like their flirtation , last Friday it was the season premiere after the season where Jeanne was introduced and that she discovered who he was , Tony was all sad and he told one girl that someone could love you and lie to you . Ziva was worried for him , she talked to him in the bathrooms , in the end he read the note left by Jeanne , and he did choose Jethro & Co , his family somewhat . I love their flirtation and I think that there is again work to be done from Ziva and Tony , for a love affair . I wonder what the writers will do with them , but whatever Ziva did in the past , how she acted , the previous season proved to me that I became fond of her , and that I really like the character , it was kind of a surprise . I hope to see a storyline in the season 8 around her , or Tony , to have a chance to know them more . Timmy ... The episodes I watched last time remembered me that he was a novelist , they don't talk about it anymore . I'm happy Sean re-signed .

    Tell me when you'll have it the web site where you'll write the recap for NCIS episodes , I'll find it and we'll talk about the ep. !

    SPN ... Between you and me , I'm not happy with Jared & Éric , I didn't like what they said in the Comic Con . Between you and me , I kind of think that Jared is jealous of Jensen , the character he created , and Éric wants to give him parts of Dean . More , for me in no way Sammy possess the charisma for being a Fearless Leader , no-fucking-way . I want a sexy badass (step)daddy badass hunter Dean Fucking Winchester !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Apsalar - sorry it's taken so long for me to reply. I'll definitely let you know the address for my new blog/website once it's up and running. Can't wait to start blogging NCIS. I'll always be available to talk NCIS. I'm so curious about this season. Did you see that Shane Brennan said something about getting back that team vibe that was missing last season? I'm excited by that.

    I understand your thoughts about Jared and Eric. All I can say is we'll have to wait and see how everything plays out. And I'll hope you'll continue to comment @ Tvguide.com. It wouldn't be the same without you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Tina , there's no problema , on the french tv they're airing the season 7 from the beginning of NCIS and the season 6 in second part of the evening , from the beginning , too . So it's cool , every Friday it's for me a NCIS evening ! And it's pretty cool , I thougth of our discutiosn because the team went top rescue Ziva and now there is this uneasy bewteen Ziva & Tony . I also love to watch 'old' episodes of NCIS , in French , to because in English there is always some things I don't understand hi hi .


    Ah Tina I think , now , on the NCIS's blog you can call me by my true name , it'd be cool , you can call me Aurélie *grin*

    Of course I will come on the tvguide's blog for comment SPN , it's just that ... I'm angry at Jared , Éric , Sammy , Sera and the direction it seems they are taken ... But Jensen will do marvels , I know , and I'm impatient to see him again and more Dean & Cas , pretty please !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aurelie! Great name! Although I don't know how to type the accent aigu on the internet! lol

    I do hope you'll continue to come to the tvguide.com Supernatural blog.

    I'm definitely reserving judgment until the season begins. Like I've said I definitely have concerns but I want to see everything play out. I saw the pics from the season premiere and it got me really excited.

    I hope Arafel gets excited too...let her know I hope she'll be around on the blog this season...

    I'm excited for Season 8 ncis but I do hope they wrap up this Gibbs/Mexico/Reynoso story pretty quickly. I'm not really enjoying that aspect of the show right now...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh yes I'll definitely will write on the tvguide's blog , I saw the video promo clip , I guess the question if Ben's is really Dean's son will be a question during the season , for Dean Ben is his son but I guess the question if by blood he is will be a question (blood again ...) . I dunno , I'm kind of excited but Éric has disappointed me so much that I am on my guards (I say this but I don't even know if you say this hi hi;). I was so used to see the Winchester only in three : John , Sammy & Dean and suddenly , bam ! Family and everything's that goes with it (meaning problems) . Will I enjoy it ? Perhaps . I'll see . At least I was glad to see Ben during the vid -hope he won't be sleeping all the time , though ...

    Oh yes I do hope , too , that Gibb's problems with his past will come to an end , soon . Last Friday it was when they have to trap the agent , bon Dieu , what is her name ... You know , her little daughter has been kidnapped and she gave informations to a guy who have killed his wife ? It was not my favorite storyline , either .

    I so want some more Tiva *grin* More Tony flirting with Ziva and more sexual attractions between them . It's one of the rare shows I enjoy to watch in english or in french . I don't realize that the shows start again soon -or this week ? I have to check !

    Arafael will blog , no doubt about it . It's just that her like me need new materials for post -and I guess we will be , this season , more ... That we'll speak more freely our minds that before ...

    To you know where you'll blog the recap of NCIS's new season ?

    Ah yes I know american keyboard are different than the european one , I'm used now to see my name without accent *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  26. NCIS will not be starting this week. It'll be starting next week. I'll be blogging it here:
    http://tvgoodness.tumblr.com/

    Hope to see you there. I'm still not quite on board with Tony and Ziva. Maybe when the show is over and they end up together is when I'll be cool with them. Because I have liked them in the past and definitely see chemistry between them.

    As for Supernatural I am not going to say I've been disappointed maybe concerned is the right word for me. I'm definitely excited for the new season to start. I like the promos so far. I love the thought of Dean and Ben being like father and son. I like Dean and Lisa being together (for now, not forever).

    September 24th. Can't wait. Talk to you soon!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  27. Okay so NCIS new episodes tomorrow , I'll download it this week and watch it this week , too . I'll go on your new blog for NCIS , no problema ;) Aaah I'm excited to see new episodes of the Gibbs's team ! I miss them . I've read that Tony's dad will come again this season , we'll see . I liked him but I dunno , to see him more ...

    Ah Supernatural this week , too . I still do not know if I'm glad with the fact that the family will appear , yes the video promo (like the one of space) is pretty cool but Sammy ... And more grandpa ... I dunno , I don't trust much Sera . But I like Dean as a dad , too and as a husband (boyfriend) but to see him going to see Bobby with them , looking for protection ? I don't want to feel disappointed before the start of the new season but I'll not be as hopeful as I was for the season 5 . But I CAN'T refuse new Dean's adventures *grin*

    See on the NCIS's blog and on tvguide !



    Aurélie

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm excited but cautious for both shows. I'm actually more excited for Supernatural than NCIS. I just want the Mexico/Gibbs story over on NCIS. Then I'll be okay.

    I'm excited for Dinozzo's dad to come back - I hope they'll explain what happened to Tony's mom. We have no idea how she died. So I'm very curious.

    I hope we do learn the back stories for Tony and Abby and I'm curious about Ziva's dad coming back into the picture too.

    See you at my new blog and at TV Guide too! Don't think there'll be a lot of people there this year but I hope there will be good discussion about the episodes...

    Talk to you soon!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete